Again this is based on my perspective & Experience!
I was thinking about to write on this topic for a few months but procrastinated it. Actually, this subject came to my mind as a Perceptual Diversity.
oh, what's that Diversity means???
Perceptual Diversity means some of our most creative thoughts/insights from our subconscious mind which strike our mind during our casual activities like walking, during shower etc.,
Let's get into the story.....
I choose this title for this blog when my friend asked me to give a seminar to his brother's college on 'Start-up after Engineering.'
I don't want to bore you guys by explaining the terms start-up, business, innovation etc..,
My Start-up Experience:
I had 5 experiences in my life which is not a professional start-up kind of experience.
1.) Sold Exam sheets to my classmates
It's during my 8th grade when we used to buy a bundle/quire of papers for our class tests from our school store. It costed us Rs.10/quire which has 24 sheets, if we buy separate sheets it is 50p/sheet i.e Rs.12/quire.
I am a hostel student. I get to know from one of my Day scholar friend that in his town the paper quire costs Rs.7 only. So, I used to buy a bundle/quire from him for Rs.7 which has 24 sheets and sold it as separate sheets in hostel for same 50p which made my turnover of Rs.12/quire i.e I got Rs.5 profit for each bundle.
2.) Writing Record Notebooks for classmates
It happened in my 11th or 12th grade where we used to have a huge task of writing record notebooks for Physics, chemistry & Computer Science.
One day my friend jokingly asked me to write record notebook for him and for that he promised to pay Rs.25. I started the task with his one record notebook but soon the demand for the job was too high as followed by him many of my hostel friends gave me the assignment and I used to charge upto Rs.300 for 3 record notebooks.
3.) Getting Chappathi Gravy for college Hostel
It's during my final year college where in our hostel mess we've chappathis twice a week for dinner. For that, the gravy won't be good in mess. So we prefer to get chicken gravy from the city if occasionally we went for outing. It's a 10km travel by bus and also 2km walk to our hostel from bus stop.
As usual one day, I was going out for a personal work when my friend asked me to buy him chicken gravy and one of my friend jokingly asked me to collect a service charge for it. The gravy costed Rs.40 & he didn't have change for Rs.50 so we made the service charge as Rs.10 for a gravy. Soon every chappathi day I got orders increasing upto a max of 20 to 25 gravies with Rs.10/gravy as my service charge.
My 4 & 5th experiences are Ideas,
5.) Voice Based whatsapp group
But I didn't do/know/realise these activities as a business or an initiative rather I did it just for pocket money.
But in current scenario these activities have become a Industry segments,
- Selling papers- Dropshipping
- Writing Record Notebooks- Gig Job
- Delivering chappathi gravy- Food Delivery (Swiggy, Zomato)
- Navigating to home- Google Maps
- Voice based whatsapp group- Clubhouse
If I was able to have a vision in my school days of making a successful business out of these activities I would've dropped out. Like many visionaries/ successful Entrepreneurs are college & school dropouts.
Most of the recent successful start-ups are built by IIT alumni and they start doing this when they're doing their graduation itself. How they can be able to do it? It starts from the basics when they clear JEE/AIEEE exams in which those students try to understand the problem before solving it but most of us try to recap the memorised shortcut formula to solve it.
If you're a graduate studying Engineering or any other course and willing to build a start-up, start doing your final year projects as your career building Idea/concept.



🔥🔥
ReplyDeleteThinking of own entrepreneur in me 👍🏼
ReplyDelete👏👏
Vera vera vera level Cena....
ReplyDeleteKeep rocking...
Keep rocking🔥🔥🔥
ReplyDeleteNice one.. Keep going vikki..
ReplyDelete